So like just about everyone, way back in May, I thought my summer was going to be full of free time and relaxation. I ended up with not as much free time as I thought, but definitely a lot of adventures with those I love. Which means my studio has been getting lonely without me, and cluttered with purchases from bead stores across the country (the shopping never stops :-)).  It was time to get creative tonight, and this is what I made:


I opened up a bag of really long bugle beads while on a trip to NYC.  It was all kinds of colors, but I decided to pull out the light blue and silver-ish ones.  I punched holes in some flat aluminum wire I bought at Hobby Lobby, and then beat it up a little with my hammer.  I don't do a whole lot of metal work but have been wanting to experiment.  I have a NEED for the holes to be in a perfect line, but am happy with this non-perfection.  It's as light as a feather to wear, and in fact, I will be wearing it to work tomorrow.


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.