I am on a roll, and made some more new jewelry today.  One a trip to North Carolina recently I had time to burn, so found a Hobby Lobby to wander around.  I don't have one near where I live, which is probably much better for my bank account.  And wouldn't you know, they had a ton of their jewelry making supplies on sale - darn!  I got a set of metal stamps for about half off, so bought some blanks to play around with.  They had a free "how to make metal stamp jewelry" pamphlet that didn't actually tell me how to do anything, so as per my want, I started hammering and figured stuff out as I went along.

 

I tuned the blanks long wise and then curled the end to make it string-able, then twisted some wire and seed beads around the blanks to make it more interesting.


My own initials were the theme I guess.  I used the same flat aluminum wire from this project to make a bracelet.  I decided to attach the charms instead of having them slide freely (a la Alex and Ani bracelets), and had to add a little sparkle.


I kind of like the hook closure I made in back :-)


I also started on another project, not sure if I like where I am going yet.  I feel like I need to add a little blue or green into the mix.  Check out the price I got this focal for - I love the Hobby Lobby clearance rack!


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.