Find the first chapter here.
Find the second chapter here.

"I'm not sure if I am in the mood for our usual," I stalled.
"Why not, Susan?"
"I've had a doozy of a morning, to say the least."
"It can't be that bad if you were able to get one of those purses, especially in that color."
"This one?"
She looked at me strangely.  Thankfully a waiter approached.  "Susan, Elizabeth, how are you this morning? Can I get your usual?"
Without knowing what else to do, she said yes, and sat down with Elizabeth.  She searched quickly through her foggy brain, and not a single synapse fired. Damn. The waiter reappeared and put two tea cups with steaming tea on the table. The scent of the chamomile and milk didn't really light her fire.  Was this really what she drank? How could she know?
"So why was it a doozy of a morning?' Elizabeth asked.
"Well, first of all, I fainted up on Melbourne Street. I woke up with a cop and a crowd around me.  Then when they asked me my name, the first name that popped into my head was Delores Simpson."
"Delores?  Your sister?"
Sister, she thought.  I have a sister?
"Her name just popped out of my mouth before I knew what I was saying. They showed me my driver's license to prove what my name really is. They asked the date, and I said October 6th, 2014."
"I wonder why you said October 6th? Do you think you said that because that it's date of her accident?"
Uh oh.  Since I didn't know anything about a sister, how would I delicately ask if she survived this accident?
"Especially since we just had the memorial service."
Hmmm.  This day is just not getting any better.



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.