I have a show on Sunday, and I need to start getting my you know what together :-) That should mean making a bunch of new stuff and taking a look at how my inventory looks. Instead, I am focused on one thing that bugs me - a good way to show my Beads for Busy Gals banner. It turns out I have a killer corner location near the front for this show - and I don't want to waste the chance to tell people who I am! As you can see in this picture from last September - it hangs kind of limply and curls at the corner.
My idea was to find the kind of frame that a painter would use the stretch canvas on, and instead stretch my banner across it. Michael's had exactly what I wanted - in the exact size I needed. I also found cool frame hardware to make it easy to hang.
Didn't it come out great? Here's hoping it's not too windy Sunday!
I do have some new stuff cooking. Need to finish these up soon, huh?
Funny how sometimes things fall into place right when you need them to. I didn't really have anything to fit this weeks prompt. I was going to take a picture of my laptop keys, since my fingers appear to be glued to them often.
But because it's rained for like 48 hours straight and I needed to get outside, Michael and I put on waterproof shoes and rain jackets, leashed up Layla and headed outside. When it's been raining this much there is a culvert nearby our house that fills up and is fun to play in. Sure enough once we got down there I found type galore, albeit, ahem, not strictly legal :-)
I found more crazy fonts when I got home and picked up the mail - I am amazed that it made it to me!
My friend Jennifer has entrusted me with repairing her grandmother's necklace - one of the only items her grandmother brought with her when she immigrated to the USA. No pressure!
I need advice from the seed beaders out there. I don't want to restring the entire necklace - the braid seems very solid and I would hate to undo it and not be able to recreate it. I thought I could glue the large knots on either end of the seed beads, remove the current end beads and clasp, and trim the excess string.
I would then make a new clasp with wire, looping the wire through the end of the seed beads, and incorporating the large beads currently on the necklace - something similar to this clasp I made.