We visited our good friends Andy and Sandy in Seattle in August - you might remember that I made this for Sandy.  Her daughter loved it too, so I made a 6 year old version to send as a thank you after we got home.  During our visit, Sandy and I got a chance to spend some girl-only time shopping, and we spent some time admiring beautiful sparkly accessories and wispy, delicate scarfs...which we never get a chance to wear.  Sandy also mentioned that the now required at almost all work places badge and badge lanyard made it difficult to accessorize.  With that in mind, I added to the thank you package a more girly, jewelry inspired lanyard for Sandy that included a silver and a matte black chain that could be switched out depending on what Sandy was wearing.  I also added a small lobster clasp to the chains so the size could be easily adjusted (Sandy is petite).  Did I take a picture of this of-the-moment inspiration?  No!

Earlier this week Sandy sent me a text asking for the Beads for Busy Gals web site and Etsy shop because many of her co-workers had admired her spiffy new lanyard and wanted to know where to get one.  This is wonderful news, except that Sandy was wearing the second ever lanyard I had made (the one before was for my Mom).

Not to be daunted by this fact, I worked in a trip to Michaels while my Michael was at choir practice last night for more chain and large lobster clasps.  They also had a lot of cool and funky charms on sale, and hey look at those cool crackled resin beads...so easily distracted...but I found what I needed (plus quite a bit more, naturally) to get started on some lanyards for my shop.  The pictures are not the best, because I am lacking daylight time to take better pictures, but you'll get the idea.  For whatever reason, I decided to give them all names of women that I am related to or should be related to:

Sandy - because (I hope) this resembles the one I made for her.  The original design had an Eiffel Tower charm, one of the places we've visited together:


Amelia, for my niece, who is like a delicate bird. 


Cynthia, my sister-in-law, who is bold and peaceful at the same time.


Jennifer - for all you bead bloggers - bonus points if you can figure out who this ORANGE lanyard is named for.


Gayle, my Mom, who lives in the Copper State:

 


 Cindy, who seems to always have the right balance.
Speaking of Cindy, I'll be out the next few days having delicious beady fun at the Inaugural ArtBliss bead retreat which luckily occurs in my town!  I can't wait - I'm taking a class from Deryn Mentock called "Link Love" and a class called "Band-a-Rang" by Kerry Bogert - the kits include beads she has made just for us!  Have a wonderful weekend and I'll report back in a few days on ArtBliss!

  


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.