Gah! So I already mixed up my schedule!  Today was supposed to be "favorite family photo" and yesterday was supposed to be favorite new recipe.  So to catch up, I'll post an oldie but a goodie.  It has been on a post it note on our fridge for several years, so it is time it got typed up and added to the family cookbook.

This recipe for a French Pancake (why French? No idea) has everything I like - straight forward ingredients that I likely have in my pantry, easy to put together with a whisk and a bowl, and big pay off - this is a go to recipe for a weekend breakfast when time is short or I don't feel like fiddling with waffles.  Enjoy!


French Pancake
 4 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
½ cup sugar
Cinnamon to taste
½ stick butter (4 tablespoons)

Put butter in oven proof skillet or pan, and heat in 425 degree oven until bubbling.  Mix remaining ingredients and pour in to pan once butter is hot and bubbling.  Bake for 12-15 minutes (the sides will puff up like pop overs or Yorkshire pudding).  Serves 4-6.  NOTE: recipe can be halved. 

2ND NOTE: I would not recommend a ceramic or glass pan for this - the temperature difference when you pour in the batter might crack your pan, as my Mom found out once :-)


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.