I made a couple suggestions for our next selection not too long ago, but before making a decision I downloaded Blood, Bones & Butter:  The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef because I was looking for something less emotionally dramatic (worn out a bit by Olive Kitteridge).  I AM HOOKED.  So by the power vested in me by me, it's our next BFBG Book Club selection.


You can get it on Amazon, but I have been loving Audible.com lately.  The author reads it herself and it adds something to the story for me.  I also caught an interview with the author this afternoon on NPR that was great - this link has both a good written article and you can hear the interview.

So why am I hooked so far?  Because the author opens a business based on a love of her craft with no other experience in running a business.  Anyone else you know thinking about turning something you love into a business but have never done anything remotely similar before? (Me! Me! Me!)  Plus I love food and cooking.  I won't gush further 'cause I don't want to ruin it for you.

If you want to read along I'll post questions ~ April 18th and then post any answers you send me about a week later.

If memoirs/non-fiction are not your gig have no fear...power has gone to my head and I know what the book after this one is:  The Red Garden by Alice Hoffman.  Lori gave it 5 out of 5 stars so I figured it's a good bet.  Have a great week everyone!


3 Comments

Powered by Blogger.