It's not lost on me that it's almost January 22nd and I am still getting thoughts together on where I would like to see things head in 2014.  I am sure I will mention it a million more times, but this summer I am retiring from the Air Force - it's the job I started in college and now in a blink nearly 24 years have gone by.  It's been a great run - I mean I started as a young idiot and am finishing with a wonderful husband, 2 great kids, more memories than I can fit in many, many blog posts and hopefully the lessons I've learned along the way have made me wiser than I was as a 22 year old.  

Over the last few years I have had the chance through this blog and the friends I have met at Bead Fest, Art Bliss and through the Bead Soup Blog Party to let my creative side run free - and I like it! I feel like I am being given such a tremendous gift - the chance to have a "do over" when it comes to the work I do - and I want it to be something creative and colorful.  

So I don't know how to get where I want to be, but I've spent a lot of time thinking about what I want it to look like when I get there...less time in my car, less time stressing about getting home in time to get the kids to their activities, more time being creative and learning new creative stuff, more time volunteering, more time traveling to see family and friends.  

That shouldn't be too hard to figure out, right?





Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.