I have been exceptionally lucky lately - I won a set of amazing beads from the talented and lovely Jenny Davies-Reazor as part of the Art Jewelry Elements Component of the Month.  In short order I received a lovely pair of pink ceramic beds and a bonus yellow gem of a bead.  Such happy summer colors!

I've noticed a couple artists using large bails for earrings and pendants and I have been really intrigued. Check out Marcie's work over at La Bella Joya and ....someone whose blog I follow that I can't put my finger on right now.  But trust me - very cool :-)

Anyway - I haven't ventured into metal smithing - I definitely want to - but am trying to stay focused on one major technique at a time.  But I have a ton of leather scraps I won from Lori (told you I have been lucky) and thought I would give those a try.  I picked a green suede that is super soft and supple, antique bronze wire and large purple seed beads.  I am very happy with how everything turned out!





Check out the other component winners here:

Leah - http://beadyeyedbunny.blogspot.com
Jean - http://prettykittydogmoonjewelry.blogspot.com
Sarajo - http://sjdesignsjewelry.blogspot.com


11 Comments

  1. Very creative and fun!! I love the colors you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore those earrings! So clever! And the colors you pulled together are perfect for Jenny's component.

    Thanks so much for participating in the challenge and reading AJE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool earrings, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I especially love the colors in the earrings. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are so hip and pretty! Great colors! xox jean ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of my favorite colour combos, Elisabeth... and fiber inclusions are a fantastic way to balance the textures of metal and ceramic. Wonderful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving these colors!
    You did a really nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colors are terrific! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like what you have done! The leather and clay materials together is really visually interesting to me... I have leather scraps hidden away somewhere... Thanks for participating and inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet are these! Love the color combo and the leather!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the combination of colors and how you incorporated the leather!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.