Miss Lori is hosting the 6th Bead Soup Blog Party and I have been paired up with my first international partner - Hajer Waheed from the Kingdom of Bahrain.  You can check her out at My Beaded World where she has posted quite a few pictures of her recent work.  Hajer's mainly a seed beader and rarely uses lamp work beads, and I am just getting into making lamp work beads - so I am excited for the challenge ahead.

I decided to take a look back today at the other BSBP's I have participated in.  It's exciting to look back at pieces that I made for the first party and how my style and skill is evolving.  That's what I enjoy about blog hops and challenges - that chance to grow and meet some great folks along the way.

My first BSBP was Megan who writes a great blog called Churchy and her Sailor.  She sent me a beautiful turquoise focal and gorgeous silver rounds.  I added the Bali silver 1 to 3 connectors and the wooden prayer beads.  It was a first try at asymmetrical.  


My next bead partner was Linda at Linda's Bead Blog and Meanderings. Linda sent me an incredibly generous package of goodies - just my first indication of her wonderfully generous personality.  I think I made about 6 pieces from the soup she sent, and here are three of my favorites:

A first step into wire wrapping :-)

Isn't that focal delish?  Linda got it from the local-to-her artists at Off Center Productions


My third BSBP partner was Jennifer of Soul's Fire Designs.  She sent me a wonderful soup of blues and Vintaj antique brass.  I added a sea urchin bead from the super talented Heather of HumbleBeads and some turquoise suede.  




My partner for the last BSBP was Eva of Eva Sherman Designs.  Eva is an incredible wire artist and owns her own bead store.  Not only was she a wonderful partner but now I know what I want to be when I grow up!  Eva sent me an incredible copper focal and clasp and carnelian lentils.  I merely added silk ribbon and some seed beads - the rest of the soup ingredients were too beautiful to interfere with

.




3 Comments

  1. Hajer was my partner for the last BSBP. You're going to have such fun with her beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such interesting post,good work !
    oh,thank you Adlinah,that's emrarrassing!hehe

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.