Can you believe it?  The perennial 2-days-late blogger appears to have her act together (if only for the next 26 minutes, when I then become merely on time :-))

The current bi-weekly challenge was this awesome mosaic...love the colors!


My bead collection/stash has really gotten out of hand, but in a good way.  I knew as soon as I saw the mosaic that I had a silver pendant that really mimicked the pattern and would be perfect.  I also had cobalt, light blue, turquoise and pink glass beads that seemed to fit. 


I wanted to be somewhat random in my pattern but decided to use small silver seed beads between each bigger bead to bring it together with the pendant.  I am such a left brainer though - the random pattern turned out to not look that random.



Make sure you check out all of the entries at La Bella Joya!


10 Comments

  1. Its perfect, and perfectly beautiful! You have captured the essence of the mosaic just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your version is beautiful! I love how you captured the tile challenge and that pendent...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perefect pendant and you really got the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome!! Don't you love it when you have the perfect thing on hand to create with!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This necklace is gorgeous. So tribal, and the colors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeap, you nailed it!! It really makes me sorry I didn't join in this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the pendant reflects the challenge photo. The bead colors you chose are so soft and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I love what you have created. I am so used to seeing us all use seed beads it is wonderful to see something so different! Those colours are spot on and I love the pendant.

    Well done on posting your piece early too!

    Karyn
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really nailed it with the pendant and the colors!
    Great job!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.