Hello all, it's been FOREVER since I've posted anything here.  I have been making things now and again, plus have been busy with other endeavors (like this and this). I've been experimenting with metal work lately, and took an awesome class with Kate Richbourg which was amazing - she's an incredible teacher. I've been venturing a bit into silver - something I wasn't confident enough to do because it costs way more than fun and easy copper :-) The glass is getting dusty and I want to get back to it soon. Maybe now that school has started I'll have more time to myself during the day ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I was lucky to win the component of the month over at Art Elements.  Stay tuned because I will be posting my creation here (as well as links to all the other AE contributors) at the end of the month!

These are the rings I made in Kate's class


Silver bangles, 2 copper pieces with silver melted on top, and an attempt at enameling


Stamping, hammering, and settings for my sweet girl


Something I made with the help of Jenny Davies-Razor.  I finally added loops and chain so I can wear it and enjoy it. That's Jenny's awesome cab by the way - she's a genius with clay.


Stamping and hammering copper (and working out my hole punch pliers)


Flood soldering experiment.  My friend Melissa Meman of Melismatic Art Jewelry gave a group of us a tutorial on it.  She makes AMAZING stuff, see her work here.


More hammering and setting.  Wish I had put more curl into the end of that wire.


A jewelry rework for my friend Sarah.  The ball focal is actually a clasp from another necklace.  It's cool, but it made the other necklace too heavy for Sarah.  Had to make matching earrings, natch.


Here is the original necklace restrung with just a simple lobster clasp.


Jewelry to wear to a summer wedding for my girl and I.  The enameled gears in Emma's necklace were gifted to me by Susan of Sue Beads.  The rubber Os are from Yvonne at My Elements.  Both of them have amazing things in their shop you should go check out!



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.