Last month I was lucky to participate in Lori's Art of Awareness Blog Hop.  We picked chose colors and words for beads made by the beautiful Heather of Swoondimples, and used that as our muse to create something.  I picked a yellow beads with the word "brave" in honor of veterans and those that wait at home for them.  My friend Lisa, who I know because our parents served together in Iceland when we were babies, liked what I made.  She wanted something similar to honor a student of hers, Tara, who is fighting cancer. (You can learn about her on the Pray for Tara facebook page) Of course I was thrilled to help out! Lisa and I agreed that it would be nice to do something for both Tara and her Mom.  Heather was super responsive and I got the new brave beads in short order.  Last night I had the right beads, muse and time to pull them all together.  What do you think:


Tara's is a little simpler and girly.  In digging through all my pink-y, brown-y, yellow-y beads, I found the 4 Czech glass hearts and knew they had to go on the Mom's bracelet.  I added the crystals on the chain that match the crystals on Tara's bracelet.  I hope they like them!

Here is my original Art of Awareness bracelet:





One Comment

  1. Beautiful and full of meaning! I love the yellow and pink tones together they look amazing!

    Claire xo
    Beads Jar UK

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.