You know it's been a while since you've working in your usual creative space when there is stuff stacked in the chair...



Luckily for me, we have a pretty free weekend, and it's a long one, so it was time to straighten up and break through my creative block.  Step one, throw out the plant I have ignored...


Next, I did a little rearranging.  Over Christmas I found this great thread/ribbon rack at Joanne's, and thought it would be a great way to store beading wire.  I had a set of drawers but I like having stuff more visible.

One problem with the new arrangement - my bead board (aka orphan catch all) didn't fit.  So I prowled around the kitchen and found some little used dishes - both from an early job in Japan - that both work and are infinitely prettier.


Now that they decks were cleared, both mentally and literally, I got busy with some easy projects that have been languishing. Some quick repairs for my friend Sarah...


Changing the necklace on a pendant I made with a Painting with Fire enamel piece so it's longer...


And a bracelet for my niece.  She often sneaks into my studio when her family visits and leaves me a little pile of beads and a note.  I thought putting them on memory wire and making a bangle would be cool for a teenager.


Then I got to play with this great string of beds my mom brought me from New Zealand.  I think they must be polymer clay, and they are almost all different...


I mixed some of the blue/green ones with large blue glass beads, small clear glass beads, silver disks and chain.  The large blue glass beads were from a necklace I decided I didn't want any more.


I also cut apart a macrame hemp bracelet I had started years ago that had a gorgeous bead by Jules and two other maroon glass beads.  I added light orange matte seed beads and ivory beads that might be bone? Not sure, but I like this and it's way more wearable than the original bracelet :-)


Then it was time to get out of the house to have some fun at the new theater in town - it's all recliner baby!









Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.