This last Saturday I got to spend with Barbara Lewis and a great group of folks at her class, "Enamel Explorations."  


You can see Barbara on the right, and best bead nerd buddy Jen is standing in front of me.  New friends, or rather, no longer virtual friends, Laura and Melissa are next to Jen (all three ladies have wonderful write ups from the class on their blogs - check 'em out!).

I have felt in a bit of a creative slump these days - the class was the PERFECT antidote - the complete opposite of my day job and a fun day of creating and chatting.  That, and setting up another table, are apparently what I needed to get busy.  Here is one finished project - using fun, fun, fun O rings from My Elements and a dog tag pendant I actually made in the class I took with Barbara in April.  The chain can either be doubled as shown or singled (un-doubled?) for a longer necklace.


This enameled pendant below was supposed to show delicate embossing in white enamel of a leaf pattern.  I think I sanded off a bit too much, and then went a little crazy with the green/aqua enamel.  When I got it home and put it together with large copper lined seed beads, copper wire, and a dangle that includes a Juls bead, I decided it was a happy mistake.  


Emma was digging all of the colorful Os, and idly put together a pattern of red and green that I fell in love with.  It's not quite done, but I plan to keep making the chain and use it for the pendant I made in Barbara's class using ceramic decals. Emma, who shares my initials, was going to stake claim to it, but it's going to be all mine.  I love monogrammed jewelry, and this completely unfussy version will be fun to wear.





3 Comments

  1. Love what you did with the copper and teal piece, a happy accident indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had alot of fun with a great group of ladies. I like what you did with the bead necklace, enamel tag and drop hanging from it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did w/ the My Elements rings. I have a bunch and haven't been able to figure out what to do with them. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I may imitate you! Also love the enameling. Someday...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.