It's been a week or two since I've participated in Bead Table Wednesday. Just one thing or another.  And even though short weeks throw me off, I definitely wanted to post on Wednesday (okay, really late Tuesday, but let's average up) to get some ideas from you all.  I bought these very cool black and blue beads at Bead Fest Wire - a "last sale of day, all strands $10" snap purchase.  Little did I know that druzy style beads are a thing right now. Druzy means tiny quartz crystals that form within or on the surface of other stones.  If you want to see some really incredible jewelry designs with druzy stones, check out Brooklyn Thread.  Also purchased at Bead Fest were some great curved silver(ish) tube links from Elephant Eye Beads and black tubing from My Elements.  I added some other silver(ish) beads from my stash and a simple toggle clasp and liked how it all came together:


It's the definition of "looks good on paper" though.  When you wear it the druzy stone slides to one end or another of the tube bead, and although I tried to get the stringing wire inside the black tubing as tight as possible, it still shows when the focal goes all catty whom-pus:

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix?  I think if I re-wrap the focal tightly around the tube bead that should cut down on the sliding.  And maybe add some metal spacers like this one between the tube and the tubing? I would love to hear your ideas!  And be sure to check out the rest of the BTW group here.


One Comment

  1. Ok, this might sound totally goofy, but what about some of those tiny, clear rubber bands they use for braces? If they were right up against the silver loop, they may not be noticeable. I don't know. I do know that I love the focal bead. The colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.