We are a family divided by cheese.  I suppose there are worse things, but I LOVE cheese, so am always on the lookout for cheesy recipes that meet the approval of the non-cheese lovers in the family.  Luckily mozzarella is on the approved list, so pizza, lasagna and most pasta dishes are acceptable.  I came across a super easy cheesy shells recipe from Pioneer Woman that is a big hit, so that's what I will share today.  It is very good if you mix in bacon, put buttered bread crumbs on top and bake for a bit, or with pulled pork on top as well as chili, and it keeps well. I am going to freeze what I made today to take camping tomorrow - and will reheat on a camp stove.  I hope it works! The original recipe is HERE, and below is my adaptation.



Cheesy Shells a la Pioneer Woman
1 box pasta (shells, elbows, whatever is in the pantry)
2 cups milk (I used 1%)
1 Tbsp butter
8 oz Velveeta or similar cut into dice-sized cubes (I used about 1/3 of a standard sized brick)
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp seasoned salt, more to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.  Drain and put back into pot.  In a separate pot, heat milk and butter over medium low heat.  Turn off the heat, then add Velveeta and stir until completely smooth and melted.  Sir in the mozzarella, then add seasoned salt and pepper.  Stir until combined, then fast it and add more seasonings to suit your taste.  Pour over noodles and stir until well combined.



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.