Today, for some reason, I decided to pull out all of the dog earned printouts and newspaper clippings that constitute my recipe collection and organize it.  I've become addicted to recipes from the Pioneer Woman and Foodie with Family, and my "Yummy Ideas" board on Pinterest is 1100 pins strong.  I love to cook.  And I love to eat, and there are 3 (4 if you count Layla) others in the house that like to eat too.  Hence the out of control recipe collection.

Among the bit and pieces was this book - "Mommy's Small Book of Lists."  I wrote it right before I deployed to the Middle East for a year.  As you can imagine, even knowing it was possible to be deployed, actually deploying was a bit of a shock and a bit scary for us all.  So I sat down and cut and pasted together every important phone number I could think of, the usual week day schedule for the kids and the dog, grocery lists and a collection of tried and true recipes.


We still use it for three particular recipes and it's looking a bit worse for wear.  In all the various computer upgrades I have lost the soft copy, so as part of my recipe organization project I typed these three out to add to my new book of recipes.  I thought I would share them here - enjoy!

Homemade Pizza Dough

1 1/3 cups water
¼ cup oil (canola works best)
½ tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
4 cups bread flour
2 tsp yeast

Put all in bread machine on “dough” setting.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Mickey Mouse Waffles 
 (adapted from the recipe book that comes with THIS)

2 eggs, separated
1 ¾ cups milk
¼ cup veggie oil
1 ¾ flour
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Plug in waffle iron to heat up.  Beat egg yolks, stir in milk and oil.  Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt (can also add cinnamon).  Stir just until lumps disappear.  In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff (they should look like cool whip).  Gently stir into batter.  Spray waffle iron with oil before the first waffle (should not be required on subsequent waffles). 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cinnamon Car/Train Muffins (because we have a pan like THIS)
(adapted from Small Batch Baking)

1 cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 generous tsp cinnamon
½ cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs
½ cup veggie oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 single serving tub apple sauce (or puree 1 apple)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pan with baking spray (the kind that includes flour works best.  Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.  In a second bowl, place sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla and whisk to blend.  Stir in the apple sauce.  Stir in the dry ingredients just until the dry ingredients are moistened.  Spoon the batter into the pans, filling each about 2/3rds.  Bake 20-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.  Let cool for 5 minutes, then turn over onto a cooling rack.



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.