My thanks to Lori of Pretty Things for hosting a triple sized Bead Soup.  My partner is the lovely Hajer of My Beaded World who lives almost 7,000 miles away in the Kingdom of Bahrain.  We sent each other our beads over a month ago, only she has not yet received hers :-( (Kingdom of Bahrain mail service - 1; US Post Office - ZERO).  Hopefully her beads will arrive in time for the third reveal on August 25th.  She sent me the most incredible collection of bead woven goodies -- straight out of your dreams of a desert kingdom.  Once I cleared a spot on my crazy messy desk and moved them around a couple times I knew exactly how I wanted to put them all together.  Good thing as I started at about 8:30 last night!


The focal, clasp and ruffle link (which I used as a bail) were all made by Hajer.  I loved the deep red peaking out of the focal so decided to highlight that with red beads in the necklace.


I am IN LOVE with the ruffled link.  The picture just doesn't do it's justice - Hajer's bead work is incredible. She also sent ruffled tubes which were perfect for earrings along with some of the other beads I got with my soup.


The final link I used in a bracelet.  I only had silver crimp tubes to finish it off, but wrapped some of the brass wire around them and was happy with the result.


I am so hopeful get's her beads soon!!!  Until then please take a look at all the talented folks listed here and see what they did with their soups! Happy hopping!



Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things

Adlinah Kamsir, Dream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux 
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade 
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs 
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure 
Amy Severino, Amy Beads 

Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess 
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate 
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads 
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios 
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners

Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Brandy McNair, Bella Vita Handmade Jewelry 
 Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry 
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads 

 Collette Collins, Fire Fly Myst Artisan Jewelry
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul 
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead


Diana Welte, Lilyweeds
Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas 
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio


Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine 
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier 
JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads


Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations 
 Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element 
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae


Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders


Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place


 Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8 
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
 Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs


Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle


Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads


Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends 


Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art




67 Comments

  1. What a pretty, matching set of jewellery! I think you showcased Hajer's beads wonderfully. She was my partner at the last BSBP and I know how good her beadwork is. Sorry to hear she hasn't gotten her bead soup yet. Makes me realize how thankful I should be that she got what I sent the last time round. I hope she gets your soup soon. Once again, great job on your bead soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny necklace! I like the combination of green & red crystals :) Well done.
    It's sad to hear about the post in US. I am always worried when I send something out of my country (Poland post isn't to fast...), but I've never had such problem.
    hugs,
    Agata Grygiel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Details of the focal is beautiful! Hope your partner receives your soup soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous & I hope Hajer gets her soup in time. How wonderful that she made those pieces for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, here beadwork is stunning. That being said, you truly did them justice. I just love, love the color combo. I hope she receives her beads soon. Happy hopping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Postal services are unpredictable :( Great seed beading and fantastic colours!Regards from Poland, Dorota

    ReplyDelete
  7. What delicate beadwork, love what you have done with them. Hope your partner gets her beads soon. With all our good vibes going her way I am sure she will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning bead work !!!!!!
    Delicious Soup !
    m.e. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Elisabeth ! I do really like what you made,never thought how you're going to use them !And,just stop worrying about the package,I hope it'll arrive,and if it didn't...well it happens alot in the mail ! congratulations for such nice work, glad that you like the soup !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your writing and your beadwork. I had a really nice visit to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful piece! My dad lives in the Middle East and has instructed us never to ship him anything. It just doesn't get there! I hope that's not the case with your beads though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pieces showcasing Hajer's work. Wonderful soup goodies that you put to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Elisabeth,
    I love what you created it is a beautiful necklace, bracelet, and earring set.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What great bead work. Lovely pieces. Hope your partner gets her soup soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This beadwork is gorgeous! You really did a great job. I really like the bracelet:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are AMAZING! The necklace is my particular favorite. EXCELLENT work -- and crossing everything I can cross for the mail to get to her!

    Hope to see you at artBLISS or BeadFest!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! The beadwork is so precise and all the pieces a very nice set!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely set. hope the mail gets to her.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your partner's seed bead work really is awesome. And, you did a fabulous job highlighting it. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pieces! That necklace has to be my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the link bracelet :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the earrings! Nice color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Her soup is fantastic and you did a great job! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow all that work in such a short time.....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the components Hajer sent you ... so beautiful! You created a lovely collection with them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, the components that Hajer made are gorgeous! You really made them shine with your design-beautiful. I hope she gets the beads you sent soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. lovely pieces and a lot of work! You have done great...;-))

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice things you have made well done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely colours, the red really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love both your pieces but my fav is the necklace. Beautiful bead soup!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful pieces! The necklace is breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete
  32. so christmas-sy!! very clever how you pieced them all together.. they look very elegant indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful job. Hope she gets her beads soon.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just when I thought I had discovered every way to combine green and purple, you add red, and give it a fresh burst of beauty and elegance. And you accomplished this in ONE night??? Amazing. Truly!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your jewelry set looks so upbeat. I think it would be fun to wear. It made me smile. It is amazing that you did it in 1 night. I too hope your partner gets her beads.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the earrings!
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  37. you did a great job with her lovely beaded beads. beautiful work! ~diana

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great job, I love all of them. I'm glad I'm not the only one that did everything Friday night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, I love your intricate work! Beautiful job! Beautiful work!!
    :-) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your solution to the silver crimps at hand. Perfect. You really set off all that beaded work nicely

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hopefully she will get her beads soon. You have done a great job at putting your pieces together. They are very well done.

    Melissa Muir
    http://design.kcjewelbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Goodness gracious, just LOOK at that pendant! Holy sheesh...It always amazes me to look at beadwoven pieces-They're truly pieces of artwork :)

    You're pieces are so great! I think you did a beautiful job.

    Hopefully your partner will receive her soup soon! That's such a shame she wasn't able to participate in this reveal :(

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I so admire your beadwork! Lovely pieces!

    Let's all hope that your partner gets the beadsoup very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh, I love how you showcased her beadwork! What a great pair you two are!! You know how much I love your style, and you made some wonderful pieces. Those are such cool earrings,but I think my fave is that great necklace. Hopefully she will get her soup soon.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am always totally amazed with seed bead work and your partners is lovely. The pendant and ruffle are fantastic! Love how you put it all together.. A great marriage! Hope she gets hers soon!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  46. Those earrings are great. I am always in awe of people who can work with such tiny beads. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Lovely work as always Elisabeth! It would be a big challenge for me to work with beaded pieces like that. You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh my I can sympathize! I sent beads to Italy for another exchange and they took 6 weeks to arrive, although I got hers in two...WTH??!!

    Lovely beadwoven pieces she sent; you did a great job with them!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful beadwork! Awesome pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Those are a beautiful set of beadwoven components and you have totally done them justice! Love how you used the link as a bail!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Amazing beading! You seed beaders rock!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love what you created with the gorgeous beads Hajer made!! I cant decide if I like the necklace or bracelet more.. and the earrings are just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Very nice!! I really like the earrings with the 'swirl' on them!! GREAT job!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful pieces, the beadwork is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. What beautiful beaded components you were sent and you highlighted them so well in your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  56. When shipping overseas it always seems slower going there then coming here. I love your pieces you did a great job showcasing your focal pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Lovely beadwork! I really like your earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Beautiful work, both of you! What lovely pieces your creative minds turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.