I have mentioned often that I was blessedly born into a family of jewelry lovers, to include my mother-in-law Janice. I bought the most fantastic dragon's blood jasper focal from Dakota Stones at Bead Fest Wire in the spring. Isn't that name awesome - "dragon's blood jasper." I also bought a whole hank of garnet stones, but alas the project sat on my bead table until the day before Janice's birthday. Ooops. Time to get busy. I kinda started out with one idea - but I had a wire gauge/bead hole mis-match.  Janice is recovering from neck surgery so I made it nice and long to fit over her neck brace and still have some length left. So this is what I ended up with:




4 Comments

  1. This is just stunning, she'll love it. The focal is beautiful and love how you hi-lited it wtih the silver daggers and little drops of 'blood'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful. I love the silver daggers! She is very lucky.

    courtney of beads by breul

    ReplyDelete
  3. This piece is gorgeous-love it! What really captured my attention was the three silver paddle shaped pins over the stone pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just lovely, Elisabeth. I'm sure she'll love it! I love how you did the focal w/ the silver. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.