I got an attack of the neatness last Saturday.  I am not OCD (maybe slightly...) but if my brain is cluttered and my work area is cluttered than the ability to accomplish what ever it is gets completely blocked.  And Saturday ended up being one of those now rare days were most of the day was free.  So I attacked the bookcase first - took everything out - made a shelf for Greg pilot stuff and a shelf for Elisabeth beading stuff and applied a stringent if-you-haven't-used-it-or-refered-to-it-in-the-last-year-it's-gone to the rest.  Aaaaahhhh.  Felt wonderful.  (The baby pictured is Emma when she was less than 24 hours old :-))


Next under attack was my desk.  What you can't see very well in the picture was all the under the desk and inside the TV stand mess that got attacked as well. I spend most of my non-sleeping, at-home time at this desk, so even though it's not clear, it is neatened up a bit in a way that makes me happy:


Next to tackle?  The office closet.  It's a nightmare that is disguised behind organizers and baskets.  All of it needs to be removed and given the if-you-haven't-used-it-or-refered-to-it-in-the-last-year-it's-gone treatment, and since Greg is away on business this week, it's a great time to do it.  He's more of a keep it in case you might need it someday kind of person and I am waaaaaay on the other side of the spectrum.  Like many other aspects of our lives, it is a great balance.


Be sure to check out the other fab entires in this weeks BTW here.


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.