I had a string of 5 months of Art Bead Scene Blog monthly challenge entries, but November and December...it just wasn't going to happen.  The break was good for us both no doubt :-)  This month the inspiration picture grabbed me right away.  It's called "Brown River" by Wayne Thiebaud.  Thiebaud is a California artist, and I felt like I recognized the subject of this picture right away - it looks so much like the rice fields in and around Sacramento, where my husband's parents live.  Take a look...



I have some orange Alisha White glass disks that I have been dying to use in a project (used one in the October ABS) and I thought they fit with the color palette pretty well.  I just so happened to have put some of my JulsBeads treasures in the same tin during a minor clean up effort earlier today, and was struck by how the blues and other earth tones complemented the orange.  I kept looking through some of the treasures that have collected on my desk and found a square etched copper piece that I won from Lorelei some months ago.  I had a couple-inch remnant of chain, just enough copper colored Soft Flex wire and a small toggle also orphaned on my desk to help it all come together.


Be sure to check out the other entries found at the Art Bead Scene Flickr group or join in the fun - it's not too late!


6 Comments

  1. This is beautiful Elizabeth! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Elisabeth! Your ABS challenge contribution is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those orange discs - very pretty with the copper pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the copper etched piece. And especially how it all comes together randomly. That is exactly what happens in the party that is my bead table! Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweetie, you have really done my etching justice!! So glad to see it used in such a beautiful piece!!! Thanks for sharing
    ~Sharon~ aka MoonRae

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.