It's not too late to enter the latest design contest being held over at Happy Mango Beads (deadline is December 22nd).  You can get all the details here and their categories are always tons of fun -

Here Comes Santa Claus - Christmas characters
Peace on Earth - peace signs, doves
The First Christmas - nativity, biblical
Blue Christmas - blue
Fruitcake - recycled, re-purposed
Around the World - ethnic
Let it Snow - white, snow related
Jinglebell Rock - gemstones
Old Fashioned Christmas - traditional, Victorian
Rudolph & Friends - animals, pets

I decided to enter under the "Blue Christmas" category.  I wire wrapped diamond shaped glass beads that are blueish/purpleish, and put them together with bird links, and added bright blue crystals that are in my gift-from-Shanghai stash.  I made the head pins and the jump rings myself using silver colored copper wire from parawire.


The necklace is made to either be doubled or two-strand.  It's for my Mom and I'm not sure if she likes a super long necklace, so I added a small hook so it can be easily doubled.  I put a single blue crystal with the hook so that it can be "found" although this afternoon when I was making some final adjustments I had a hard time finding it!


I made earrings too!


All the entries are posted in a photo album on the Happy Mango Beads Facebook page :-)


2 Comments

Powered by Blogger.